Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Glitter Acorns for Fall

What I used:
1. Acorns from my friend Val's house. She lives in acorn heaven.
2. Glue gun and glue sticks
3. Glitter what ever colors you want. I used Orange, Copper, Bronze, Brown, Green, and smoky Quarts. Mine were Martha Stewart brand. I used them because that is what I had.
4. Elmers Glue. and a paint brush.
5. Piece of scrap paper
How I did mine.
1. First I baked my acorns on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200 degrees for 2 hours.  Let them cool before you do anything else with them.
2. Check caps and hot glue any loose or fallen off caps back onto the acorn. Only takes just a little.
3. Brush elmers ( or other craft glue) onto just the acorn not the top.
4. Over top of your scrap piece of paper sprinkle with your glitter. Set acorn aside to dry on plastic bag or wax paper. Create a crease in your paper and put excess glitter back in container.
5. I left mine alone for a couple hours or so to dry.


THATS IT!
I did 10 of each color and it only took me about a half hour to do them all. ( not including the time it took me to have all my supplies out and ready to go).

No comments:

Post a Comment