Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

When Witches go riding Halloween count down.

I see these on the different sites. But I can't see paying for something I can create myself. It turned out just like I wanted. I am working on a second one for my daughters house.

How I did it. 
1. I got the board from a church discount store for $1.25 . It had some kitchen saying on it, This is 8" x 18" by 1 1/2" deep.
2. I painted the whole thing with black craft paint. I then painted an area with black chalkboard paint. It's big enough for the pumpkin I cut out to fit on ( I cut the pumpkin like we used to do hearts in school, fold paper in half and cut shape this way your sides are the same.)
3. I then painted the whole thing orange holding my pumpkin in place with one hand while painting around it. You want to paint from on top of the pumpkin pulling out onto the board. Otherwise you get paint underneath the cut out.


 4. I cut out a circle and used that as a stencil for my moon, this time painting from the paper into the circle to keep paint from getting all underneath. This was done with a liter orange paint.
 The start picture is closest to real color. Other colors are due to lighting in my room.
 5. With a sharpie marker I laid out my trees and wording. You could use a pencil if you like.

 6. With some of my stamps and StazOn ink I stamped the spiders skull, bat and little skeleton man.
7. With black craft paint I then painted over the sharpie writing and the trees.

 It went together quite quickly. Allowing for time in between for my paint to dry it was only a couple hours. Oh the cat I cut out with my cricut cutting machine.
This is not my idea but if you share my picture please mention my blog or link back to it. Thanks for stopping by. Come back and visit again.
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment